Monday, August 14, 2006

Hello Again

I don't think anyone reads this yet - but unless someone randomly stumbled across it, how would they? I have no real memory of starting this blog - but as I have just been effected by the desire to start a blog I stumbled across this one which I (presumably) began several months ago.

Life has markedly improved in the last few months, yet I'm no happier. Instead of complaining, I'll allow you the pleasure of a quote by the author who I'm enamoured with at present:

"Consistently applied to any situation, love always gains. It is an emplirically determined fact. Love is the best policy. The best not only in regard to those loved, but also in regard to the one who loves. For love is self-engergizing. Produces the means whereby its policy can be carried out. In order to go on loving, one needs patience, courage, endurance. But the process of loving generates these means to its own continuance. Love gains because, for the sake of that which is loved, the lover is patient and brave."
- Aldous Huxley, Eyeless in Gaza (pg. 501-502)

This leaves open the question: what does it mean to be patient, courageous and enduring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home