Thursday, August 24, 2006

Syracuse and Lion Red



This is a photo of Syracuse. See the Lion Red can he's drinking? Let me explain...

The coooooooolest thing about Speights beer in New Zealand (apart from the taste, etc) is that it comes with questions under the bottle caps. Unfortunately - while I love questions - I'm not the most knowledgable in terms of sports.

Thus, I was ecastic when I open up a bottle of Lion Red and discovered that these bottles also had questions under their caps. What was even more awesome was that these questions were about music (and possibly other fun stuff) - so I had a greater chance of answering them correctly.

So Syracuse and I started buying and thus drinking a lot of Lion Red this year (despite the taste). The bottle caps just made it worth it.

Soon, inevitably, we stopped noticing the (kinda disgusting) taste of the beer and got used to it - in the same way that one can get used to the taste of chillis :-).

Therefore, when Syrcause and I visited the bottle store last night we immediately went for the Lion Red. We had two options: 330ml bottles (with questions under their caps); or a 6 pack of 440ml ml Cans (with no caps whatsoever). The bottles cost $15, while the 6 pack of cans cost $8.99. Syracuse soon worked out that it was cheaper to buy the cans, so we purchased 2 6 packs - one for each of us.

I expect you can also see the illogacality of this. We started drinking Lion Red for the questions - not the taste! However we've now developed some sort of obscure desire for the taste of this beer - like a desire to chop chilli vodka - to the extent that I will drink it even if it doesn't come with caps (I do have a full jug of caps with questions on them in my room so I can open a can then read an old cap :-P).

We're both silly; but it's fun this way.

2 Comments:

Blogger dynwu said...

Awww Syracuse is so cute :)

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, Lion Red?... I thought you were cool....

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home